HyperTrack is the fastest way to build live location features into your application with our plug-and-play location stack allowing for easy integration with your existing workflow and business. We’ve built our stack to be quick to integrate scalable and reliable and providing real-time filtering while maintaining battery efficiency. Now we’ve made it even easier with the open sourcing of our HyperTrack Live Android app.
HyperTrack Live formerly called SendETA was built as a practical way to not only test out our location stack but also to enable users to explore real-world usage with our product at the center. After numerous iterations the core functionality of the app consists of:
- Live location – Let your friends and family track you on a map when you are on the way. No more phone calls asking where you are.
- Accurate ETA – Send your real-time ETA to your friends and family based on mode of transport and trip progress.
- Easy to share – Use your favorite messaging app to send ETA with a web link for live tracking.
- Private and secure – Your location and trips are completely private and secure. They are shared only with people you chose and only for the duration of the trip.
The source code licensed under the open source MIT license allows you to take and use our app built on top of our location stack for your own purposes. To do so you’ll need to follow these simple steps:
- Clone the project.
- Get your FREE HyperTrack API keys. You can learn more about how we handle API Authentication and then sign up for your API keys.
- Get a Google Maps API Key and add it to the AndroidManifest.xml.
- Add your HyperTrack publishable key (found in the Dashboard Account settings) to the hypertrackkey.properties file.
- Build and begin live sharing!
We have put together a Live Location Sharing tutorial and a tutorial on Tracking at-home service visits for a few suggestions of how to use this source code in your business or app development efforts. We’re excited to be able to open source HyperTrack Live and look forward to hearing about what you’re building.
Subscribe to HyperTrack Blog: Imagine. Build. Repeat.
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox